Teamwork Handling endeavour to treat personal and confidential organisational information with equal care and respect. To reflect this we are committed to upholding the statements below.
The sort of information we hold and why…
Data collected from web-site enquiries
We use the information given to us from web-enquiries for a number of purposes, to better understand the needs of our customers and how we can improve our products and services.
To provide information which may be of interest to you about services offered by Teamwork Handling Ltd.
To answer requests that customers or potential customers may have
We collect only the personal information required to provide services to our customers and potential customers. This may include:
- Name & Address
Data provide by our customers
As part of the various services we provide we may be granted secure access to our clients’ customer and / or their salesforce contact data which we require in order to carry out contracted fulfilment and mailing services. In these instances we act ONLY as processors of data, not controllers. Where we hold this data we undertake to ensure suitable security.
As part of standard business contracts with our suppliers we hold contact and financial transaction information on all of our current suppliers. This data is held securely within our accounting software.
We hold only typical contact, bank, next of kin, health, NI, educational and driving competency information, this is held securely for the purposes of standard employment protocols.
Your personal information is owned by you. If you have any questions or issues with the way in which we are using your data you have the following rights:
- You can ask to see what data we hold on you (right of access)
- You can ask for information to be corrected
- You can ask to receive a copy of the data we hold on you (right to portability)
- You can ask us to delete any information we have about you (right to be forgotten)
- You can object to the way in which we use your information
- You can complain to the supervisory authority
If you wish to enact any of these rights then you can do so by sending your request to: Teamwork Handling Ltd, Allerthorpe Business Park, Pocklington, York, YO42 1NS
or by emailing email@example.com
Retention and data storage
When we store data, all reasonable measures are taken to protect personal information from access by unauthorised persons. This information will be stored, archived and backed up as part of internal server systems, which are further backed up in secure cloud facilities.
Information which we are processing on behalf of clients is stored temporarily for the duration of the project concerned, then deleted and removed.
When we do store our supplier, customer, enquirer and employee information, we keep it for the following periods:
- Information gathered on our website for the purposes of promoting and delivering our services is retained for 12 months from the date of consent being provided.
- Correspondence not relating to a contract will be retained for 1 year following its creation.
- Records and documents relating to contracts and insurance policies will be retained for 7 years after the end of the contract or policy.
- Information and documents relating to unsuccessful job applicants will be retained for 6 months from date of notification to the candidate.
- Other Information will be kept for periods as defined in our retention policies which can be provided on request.
Where else does data go?
As a principle we do not share any of the personal information that we hold. However in the course of running our business some data does get transferred outside of our organisation for the purposes of final delivery of letters, parcels and pallets or the completion of fulfilment services by our approved suppliers. Also, in order to pay employees, suppliers, subscriptions and licences contact and banking information will be passed to our approved accountants.